At BTG we work with offenders and ex-offenders to help them to re-integrate back into society and to lead a law abiding life.
BTG offers advice and information to thousands of people every year: prisoners, their families, prison and probation staff, academics and interested parties.
BTG offers advice and information for discharged prisoners and their helpers.
BTG provides speakers and informs about its work, prison life and the problems faced by ex-offenders upon release.
BTG runs educational/pre-release programmes to prepare inmates for release, whenever funding is available.
BTG services include:
- Linking releasees to experts who can find them accommodation.
- Advice for releasees on CV writing, interview skills and finding a job.
- Free website advertising for organisations who employ ex-offenders, and for ex-offenders’ CVs.
- A Penpal Scheme provides prisoners with a link to the outside world. At present we have over 3,000 people on our Penpal Scheme.
- Brighten up their Day scheme, to send in on the inmate’s special day (Birthday, Christmas etc) a card just to brighten up their day.
- Training on how to start up your own business.